Japan Iron and Steel Federation Chairman Yoshihisa Kitano said on Tuesday that a year-on-year fall in global crude steel output in September, which was the first drop in 41 months, underlined a slowdown in the world economy. Global crude steel output in September fell 0.3% from a year earlier to 151.5 million tonnes, the first decline since April 2016.
Japan steel group head: weaker global steel output shows world economy in slowdown
More from EconomyMore posts in Economy »
- Nuo becomes minority shareholder in Andriani: Attilio Mazzilli among the key players
- Innovation and green commitment: Danieli Group’s sustainable solutions for metal production
- Orrick appoints Attilio Mazzilli as Co-Managing Partner for Italy
- Andrea Prencipe’s interview with “BusinessLIVE”
- Credit and equity markets: Alessandro Noceti’s international experience