Luigi Ferraris: "The energy system is evolving, global action backed by both the United Nations and the European Union is encouraging us to play our part in sustainable development, moving towards a decarbonised system with a large amount of energy from renewable sources. Within this framework, the Italian grid operators are key in guaranteeing the security of a balanced electricity system and the full integration of renewables for the benefit of the entire system. Terna is playing its part with a strategic plan that we have indicated as "Grids and Values", to underline the importance of values as a sustainable approach when developing the grid, to the benefit of all. This plan is based on three strategic guidelines and two enabling factors. The three strategic guidelines are: 1) Domestic regulated operations, considered a priority: in Italy we will invest to reinforce and improve the resilience and sustainability of the Italian transmission grid 2) Non-regulated operations: we will leverage high-value added solutions for the energy transition alongside our operations as a TSO. 3) Internationally: we wish to play a key role on the European arena, making Italy a strategic hub within the Mediterranean, whilst we’ll continue our work in Latin America harnessing our core skills and competences. These three strategic guidelines are supported by two enabling factors: 1) innovation and digitisation 2) our people, their skills. For us, a key element. This is clearly indicated in our plan, which gives priority to investments in Italy, € 5.3 billion in 5 years – or 30% up versus previous plan – which will generate benefits for the whole electricity system. It also comes with a generous and improved dividend policy compared to the previous plan, guaranteeing a predictable and secure return on investment for all our shareholders".
Luigi Ferraris on 2018-2022 Terna’s plan
Terna’s successful green bond emission for 500 million euros
Luigi Ferraris: Terna is working jointly with other European TSO to keep the light on during the Cov...
Luigi Ferraris (Terna) at the Conference on 20 Years of Electricity Market Liberalisation
Luigi Ferraris: Terna will spend record sums on grid for shift to renewables
More from EconomyMore posts in Economy »
- International trade and supply chains: the role of Venia International, headed by Sebastien Clamorgan, in the logistics industryInternational trade and supply chains: the role of Venia International, headed by Sebastien Clamorgan, in the logistics industry
- Valeur Group announces the acquisition of FinTech company LinkedTrade
- Amazon’s profit tripled: best first quarter ever
- The Italian brand De’ Longhi gains full control of the Swiss Eversys
More from EnergyMore posts in Energy »
- Luigi Ferraris: Terna is working jointly with other European TSO to keep the light on during the Covid-19 pandemicLuigi Ferraris: Terna is working jointly with other European TSO to keep the light on during the Covid-19 pandemic
- 4 Energy Stocks That Can Survive the Oil Crash
- Oil-Price Crash Deepens, Weighs on Global Markets
- Luigi Ferraris illustrates the results for the first half of the year: Terna on the rise